Sunday, November 11, 2007

Getting Started











Well, my first problem was to think of a name for my blog. So after extensive research I decided to create the word 'Jenbroidery', which is obviously a combination of Jenny & Embroidery (given the purpose of the blog!). Now that I have got things working, I need to learn how to insert photos, and then get started with adding my work for the the first seven chapters of Module 1. As a trial, I have inserted here a couple of photos of earlier work I have done with the NSW Embroiderers' Guild. Clockwise from the top they are:
(1) Experiments with texture (various yarns & detached chain, on hessian coloured with pastels), 2006
(2) Starfish for Guild Postcard Challenge, 2007 (Applique, reverse applique, couching & surface stitchery)
(3) Poppy Anemone Close Up (surface stitchery , coarse & fine threads, painted Vlisofix surface ) , 2006
(4) Goldwork (my first-ever piece) from Introductory Course, 2005.




No comments: